Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Thankful...
I have come to the realization that life is hard. Like beyond complicated and difficult. Like the hardest thing EVER. A good friend recently told me that I should try to put things into perspective and I have been trying to take that advice. So, I love a good challenge and I need to refresh my soul with a bit of determination. If I fail, it will be publically, so fail, I may not. For every day in the month of November, I am going to recognize something that I am thankful for. It is the season to count your blessings, and that is exactly what I am going to do. So, on this first day of November, I am most thankful for (this is a no brainer) my son, Brody. From the first flicker of his heartbeat I saw on the ultrasound monitor, over 3 years ago, I have been helplessly, unequivocally, totally in love with him. He fills my heart with such pride and my soul with a completeness that I have never known before. He is the first thing on my mind when I first open my eyes in the morning and the last thing I think about before I go to sleep at night. I miss him so terribly throughout the day and I only feel whole again when he wraps his arms around my neck. I had always heard that you really have no idea just what love is until you have a child. I always thought "Yes, yes, I know..." That is, until I had a child of my own. There is no love greater, it's beyond description. And even though, as I type this, he is pretending to be a dog and is eating candy off the floor, with his mouth only, no hands...like a dog....he is what I am most thankful for.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment