Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day # 13

Today I decided I would take my little man to Burger King uptown to eat lunch and let him play in the play land (or whatever you call it).  Well, it was packed, I wavered on going in but he was determined to go and play so we went in despite my germophobias.  Right when we were finished eating, I looked up and saw a toddler with two huge scratches on her face and her mother carrying her back to their table.  I didn't think much about it at the time because I was cleaning up our table and getting ready to go in and let Brody run wild. As soon as I open the door to this so called fun land, I hear a woman (probably in her 40's) in the corner drop the "F" bomb.  Now, I'm not talking about in normal conversation, this woman is yelling, like ready to fight, yelling.  At her table are two pre-teens, two children between maybe 5-8, and a baby in a baby carrier.  I look to see who she is yelling at and it's a woman across the room, in her 30's, with the scratched face toddler, and a baby.  Apparently, the son of the "F" bomber scratched the other woman's daughter and she had made a comment about it, something to the effect of "keep control of your child".  Anyway, the "F" bomber was completely ridiculous, I was ready to punch her myself, when her pre-teen daughter tried to walk the little boy over to apologize, the "F" bomber goes wild screaming and orders her daughter back over.  They all herd themselves out, obscenities all the way.  Then she comes rushing back in, looking for the lists of rules, (which I'm still confused about that, because I'm pretty sure they were the one's breaking all the rules...) and she has the nerve to walk right in behind the younger woman (who's child was injured by her son) and bumped her chair.  I was completely flabbergasted!  Then about 20 minutes later, we go to leave, and I find the "F" bomber and her brood waiting in the parking lot in their car, windows down, still yelling!  Tempted to call the police, I go back inside to tell the other mother that that lunatic was waiting outside and to be prepared.  She shrugged her shoulders, smiled and said "doesn't bother me".  So today, I am thankful that Brody ran immediately to start climbing and missed the whole thing and I am MOST thankful that I was not the one the "F" bomber was yelling at because I'm not sure I could have held my composure!

No comments:

Post a Comment