Monday, November 7, 2011

Day # 7

With Election Day tomorrow, I am thankful for all the women who stood up for what they believed in and fought for the right for women to vote so long ago. I would like to think that if I was around during that time, that I would have been right there in the midst of it all.  I couldn't imagine knowing that I could not vote tomorrow just because I am a woman.  I have voted in every election since I turned 18 and I encourage everyone with some knowledge of the actual issues to take advantage of this great right and go vote tomorrow.
On the other hand, I am equally thankful that tomorrow is Election Day because I have never in my life received so many phone calls and flyers, or seen so many political ads and signs.  I have never voted for someone because of their yard signs or television ad.  Are politicians actually counting on ignorant people to show up at the polls tomorrow and vote because they liked the sign with pretty stars on it?  Probably so, which doesn't say very much, but I would be much more inclined to vote for someone because they donated all the money that they would have used on political ads to a local charity and actually made public appearances or held an actual debate, rather than depending on commercials and flyers stuffed in my mailbox to spread their word. 
I don't want to cause an uproar of political emotions here, I'm just saying that I am thankful for my right to vote and plan to use it!  Those who know me know that I usually have an opinion and I will be sure to reserve my right to complain by voting tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment