Sunday, November 6, 2011
Day # 6
This morning I am thankful for all the Sunday mornings I spent with my father. We only got to visit every other weekend growing up, but on Sunday mornings he would get up and start fixing us breakfast. I especially loved it in the winter, when the fireplace was roaring, we would all huddle around until it had warmed the house. He would start with the coffee pot, then on to cooking. Now, most of the time at my dads it was bologna & cheese sandwiches but not on Sunday mornings. It was sausage, eggs, biscuits, and my Granny's homemade strawberry jam (in the summer we'd have tomatoes). He would cook two fried eggs at time so we would all be waiting for our turn at getting eggs, but he always gave me my eggs first, always the gentleman! I miss those days and the old house in Fincastle. Thank you Dad, for all those Sunday mornings and always giving me my eggs first.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment