Sunday, November 17, 2013

Days # 15-17

I hate to lump a few days of thanks together, but the Beasley home was stricken with the stomach flu and life pretty much stops as you know it when that occurs.  I have not seen my son so sick in his life yet and I was in tears as he was sick repeatedly for 24 hours.  It started Friday morning after I had already left for work and being that it is the busiest time for me at work, I was unable to leave so first and foremost I am thankful to my mom and step-dad for taking care of him when I couldn't.  He was still very sick after work, late into Friday night.  Of course, once he finally passed out, I was unable to sleep afraid he would get sick in his sleep and choke.  Saturday we laid around all day catching up on sleep, washing blankets & pillows.  We didn't leave the house all weekend until this evening to go to the grocery store.  The past few days it was hard to find things to be thankful for, watching my normally cheerful, playful little boy turn into a pale, puny lump of meat & bones.  But in retrospect, I am thankful for being forced to stay at home and relax, I was able to catch up on a few movies.  I am also thankful for all the phone calls & messages from people checking on Brody & I, sending prayers and asking if we needed anything.  It's always nice to know that I have such a good support system within my friends and family.  I am very thankful that he has started to eat again this evening and seems to be feeling better.  Now lets just hope I don't get it!  I won't be able to find any thanks in that!

No comments:

Post a Comment