Wednesday, March 27, 2013

School Day

Today I had the pleasure of going to school with my son to eat lunch and hang out in his classroom for a few hours.  Unfortunately, it was not steak & gravy day but the hotdog and salad was pretty good.  I love all the children in his pre-k class and have come to know most of them fairly well throughout the school year.  I love sitting at the lunch table with them, talking and laughing.  They all say the funniest things! 
I was asked to read to the class an easter book and it was so much fun!  I really should have been a teacher!  When I was a little girl I had a chalk board in my room and I remember lining up all my stuffed animals on my bed, pretending to teach them.  It felt just like that, only real children, my own child!  I really enjoyed myself and wish I was able to do stuff like that more frequently.  I recently bought chalkboard paint and plan on painting one of my sons walls so we can practice writing, especially over the summer. 
After reading, it was inside recess and we played with the blocks and pretended to have birthday parties for the group of children playing with us.  We giggled and it was really fun, if even for a just a little while, just being a kid again!

No comments:

Post a Comment