As I was so relaxed and content last night, we crawl in bed and read our chapter of "Charlotte's Web", we say our prayers and off to sleep we go. A few hours into my lovely slumber my eyes pop wide open. "Why I am awake?" I think to myself. I roll over to look at the clock and see what time it is and it's 12:15 am. Hmm...why am I awake....I roll back over and look at my son then his eyes pop open and he sprays vomit everywhere! I guess me waking up unexpectedly, for apparently no reason, was God's little way of getting my face out of the way of the gross zone. Thank you, I am very appreciative!
Anyone who knows me, knows I am a germ-o-phobe. I have always, as far back as I can remember in my earliest memories, have despised throwing up. Pretty sure there is no one on the planet that enjoys it by any means, but I especially dislike it. Even as an adult, I will cry and practically flop myself around in the floor if I get the stomach flu. I never open my eyes, just flush it away so I won't have that sight burned into my memory forever. But when it comes to my son, all that vanishes and I'm kissing his head and rubbing his back and wiping his mouth and wearing it without even a flinch.
I remember last night, as I was writing about my lovely, calm, warm winters evening, "I'm gonna jinx myself and something bad will happen!" And sure enough it did! But my son is feeling better for the most part, not eating but drinking ginger ale. We got nearly zero sleep last night, so it's been nice to be lazy on the couch today in between the 7 loads of laundry I have been working on to clean all the sheets, blankets, clothes we went through last night.
Please stomach bug, I beg of you, leave our home without infecting me!
No comments:
Post a Comment