Last evening, Brody pulled a cd out of the case & said he wanted to hear it. It was Sara Evans (whom I think is the most beautiful woman alive!) and I listened to it on and off today. On my way back from lunch this song came on and I remembered hearing before but never really paid that much attention to it. Well, let me tell you, by the time the song was finished I was slumped down in my seat with tears flowing. Felt a punch in the gut.
I remember the windows rolled down and the wind in my hair.
Driving 'round in your Daddy's old Chevy
Like we were going somewhere.
We thought that summer would last us forever...
Going steady was just something you do.
I didn't know much about love...
I learned that from you.
Now those were some good times,
Lately they don't seem to last.
I guess I'm not nearly as strong as a drink in your glass.
And the nights just get later,
I can stay up and wait or just go on to bed like I do.
I never knew nothing about lonely....
I learned from that you.
One night while the whole world was turning I left you a note.
And I told you that I'd always miss you...
Then I let you go.
Now, I'm living outside of some town I ain't heard of.
And I think about the boy that I knew.
I didn't know you could fall out of love...
I learned that from you.
And I learned how to kiss on a Ferris wheel.
And I made wishes at wishing wells.
And I fell into that fairytale too.
And I know that love ain't so easy,
But we tried, didn't we baby...
It's alright.
Some dreams weren't meant to come true...
I learned that from you.
I remember the windows rolled down
And the wind....
No comments:
Post a Comment