Our cat that we had for just under a year, Clover, was hit by car and had to be put to sleep. It was devastating. That was my son's cat, he found it in our back yard last year during his 5th birthday party here and she was a tiny little kitten that we nursed back from near starvation. That was the first animal that Brody had as a pet that was a baby & had grown along with Brody. We miss Clover everyday.
I made it through the Easter holiday. Mr. EB brought my son a real, live bunny rabbit for Easter. Not sure exactly what he was thinking, but my son was thrilled. We welcomed "Bun Bun" with open arms. Surprisingly, Bun Bun ended up being a female bunny and blessed us with eight, count 'em, EIGHT babies a couple weeks after Easter.
But having all these baby bunnies from the day they were born has been quite a learning experience for my son. Seeing them born bald & pink and growing rapidly into little fury bunnies crunching on carrots and kale. It's been fun. Anyone want a bunny??
My son is nearly finished his kindergarten school year. This school year has been completely different from last. Home is now a stable, consistent environment. He's grown and learn so much academically, I am truly amazed.
I am so happy the sunshine and warm weather is here. This winter was completely brutal. I have been working like crazy on the house and back yard and I am nearing the end of many of those projects. I'll be happy to mark them off of my to-do list so I enjoy many summer evenings in the back yard!



No comments:
Post a Comment