Tuesday, February 26, 2013

"Comes The Dawn"

My dearest Aunt sent me this piece of poetry a few months back while I was in the middle of a struggle.  I had forgotten about it until I just found it lost in some papers around my desk.  Once again, I needed to read this.  Funny how things like that seem to occur, just when it seems I need them the most.  Just another reason I believe in fate & timing.  The older I get the more I look back and realize how all things happen the way they should.  I desperately want something to happen and it just doesn't and I drive myself partially insane questioning the "why's" of it all.  However, I know there is something much larger at work.  It always reminds me that it's simply a matter of having faith, because in the end, no matter how much gloom I feel about a situation, I always seem to end up alright, frazzled...but alright.  I have the best friends, family, and an angel here on earth in my son.  I have endless blessings and I appreciate all the little reminders that I get along the way...so thank you my dearest Aunt Joyce for sending this to me months ago so I could find it again tonight.....

Comes The Dawn
by Veronica A. Shoffstall
 
After a while, you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and changing a soul.
And you learn that love doesn't mean possession and company doesn't mean security and loneliness is universal.  And you learn that kisses aren't contracts and presents aren't promises.  And you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and yours eyes open, with the grace of a woman, not the grief of a child.  And you learn to build your hopes on today because tomorrows have a way of falling apart in mid-flight.  Yet each new step taken in a new direction creates a path toward the promise of a brighter dawn.  And you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much.  So you plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers!  And you learn that love, true love, always has joys & sorrows, seems ever present, yet is never quite the same.  Becoming more than love and less than love - so difficult to define.  And you learn that through it all, you really can endure!  That you really are strong! That you do have worth!  And you learn and learn, with every goodbye you learn!


No comments:

Post a Comment