Saturday, December 31, 2011

Glad to see you go 2011....

I opened my facebook account in January 2011 and just went back and viewed all of the posts that I made throughout the whole year....needless to say it was quite interesting. Most notably, I lost my last grandparent, Grandmama and I lost my "first baby", my dog, Randy this year. Some friendships ended, new ones were formed, and old friendships were made new again.  I became an aunt again this year to my nephew, Tizer and strengthened my relationship with my oldest nieces, Eve & Molly.  This year I started writing again, which is something I always cherished and I am hoping to improve on my writing skills in the upcoming year.  I have started exercising and running again.  This year, my son has grown and developed into a fine little boy.  He learned his alphabet and learned to count, he learned how to swim and of course, his driving skills improved greatly.  I learned this year that marriage and parenting are the two most complicated, difficult commitments humanly possible but most rewarding at the same time.  I learned a lot about people that I didn't realize, saw different sides of people I didn't know lied within.  My eyes were opened this year to some good things, to some bad.  I found courage within myself that I wasn't sure was there and feel fearless heading into the upcoming year.   Though at times, I lost perspective, lost faith, I realize tonight that I have many, many blessings in my life and I hope and pray to continue to be blessed in the new year.  I hope the new year brings me less loss than this one, more happiness, more love, more friends, more peace than the one before.  So with that, I'll end with a quote by Benjamin Franklin:

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each New Year find you a better person.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment