My sons teacher sent home a note Friday in his folder. The note was telling me how well he was doing in class so far this year and his progress. The handwriting was pure perfection and I was very pleased to receive a note praising my child. There was only one little problem...she spelled his name wrong. She spelled it Brodie and it is spelled it Brody. Not a big deal, right?! Well, not to this Type A, OCD Momma! I may have mentioned in Brody's presence that I was mildly offended by this error. As perfect as her handwriting, having put the note in his folder which clearly had his name printed on the front (which she wrote) and inside the folder as well, it was just so shocking that his name be misspelled.
Over the weekend, I let it go. She is responsible for 18 Kindergartners you know. So, Monday comes and goes. I open Brody's folder and there is another note in his folder. This note is apologizing for the oversight, Brody had pointed her error out to her. GASP! What. Did. My. Child. Tell. Her!! In a split second, I am mortified. I quickly round up Brody and ask him to describe to be this conversation he had with his teacher. Of course, he doesn't quite recall much about it other than "I think I may have told her you were mad she spelled my name wrong." WHAT!? Oh dear....
Needless to say, there is a lovely little card in his folder for his teacher tomorrow! Lesson Learned.
No comments:
Post a Comment